Some people figured out the contest! I'll tell you what it was: Mystery or Mysterious. The banner was a .gif this week and after one minute (actually I think it's more like 40 seconds) it changes to reveal the contest.
I'm voting for number 2. I like how it's bright and I like the idea of it. It makes me sad to think of how in the first episodes Aang was still a bit of a mystery and now it's all over. So I liked that.
Post by darkblood_alchemist on Aug 2, 2008 13:38:10 GMT -5
West, that was just cheap. *ticked because my computer doesn't show moving icons/pics* D<
#8 because of the great coloring and nice crop
Icons by me, awesome sig by Night Life is a tragedy for those who feel, and a comedy for those who think. - La Bruyere If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no use being a dang fool about it. - W.C. Fields
1) Very, VERY nice use of textures. The text color doesn't go with the over all color of the icon, but the font is nice. *Shrug* An alright icon.
2) Hmmm. Nice icon, but nothing amazing. It just seems a little bland to me, however simplicity is not exactly a bad thing.
3) Seems a bit over sharpened and the texture doesn't go.
4) lolwut. XD I like the concept of the icon, but coloring is lacking.
5) Mmmm. Not an easy cap to work with. Texture takes away attention from the icon as well. Also, I seem to miss the over all message the icon depicts. A viewer would never guess that this is supposed to represent a sort of mystery.
6) Not a bad icon, once again, but not great. eh. The coloring isn't great.
7) Lol, nice cap. Needs better coloring. It's what I'd consider an "entertainment" icon, though, for comedic effect. In this case it does nicely.
8) Very, very nice coloring and cap. A+
9) Aha, nice texture use. I like this icon. It's nice, simple, and catches the eye.
10) Nothing fascinating, but not terrible.
11) Hmmm. The cut is kinda nice, but a soft light effect could help with the ragged edges.
12) The text is hard to read, hun. Try a different font.
13) My first thought was "Wow, this crop is terrible." But then I got the feeling that there was more to be desired...to see some more of her face I suppose? Just like the whole Ursa thing in the show. A lot more to be desired, a mystery. The question mark ruined it for me, though. =/
I find it hilarious that even though I got the challenge, I forgot to make an entry. My mind is so cunning in the way it works.
I find it even more funny that no on e pulled the "Where do those tatoos end?" mystery, because I was gonna go for that.
#1- I knew someone would do the Ursa mystery, because it's the ulimate mystery of this show. I love the texture used, and love the font, and the text. Everything goes well with each other. So far, I'm voting for one.
#2- It seems just like a regular crop, nothing special added. The image seems a bit squished even.. I think that a grunge texture and some colirng would have bettered this icon.
#3- Erm..the icon seems "oversharpened"... and while I do like the blueness to it all, that filter or texture just doesn't fit well with me.
#4- It needs more coloring to me, but other than that, it's an awesome icon!
#5- I don't quite understand where the mystery is in this, but I like the textures in it. I just feel like a bit more could've been done with the icon..
#6- Heh, it's funny. Me thinks a nice little lighting texture to spruce it up would've been nice.
#7- Heh, I like the face. Coloring or a texture would be nice, but I still like it.
#8- Great crop, great mystery. The coloring hurts my eyes a bit, (but my eyes are bad, so what the hey). I can see why everyone would vote for this icon, it's one of the best icons on there, but for the sake of my blindness, I don't think I'll choose it.
#9- I like the texture used, it applies a nice softness to the image. pretty good actually.
#10- Heh, a mystery indeed, though really, why did they hide his face? It was pointless. I think a texture would have made me choose this icon. If there were more than 20 icons, this one should've won "Best Use of Text."
#11- I like the background, and the cutout, but I feel that they just don't mesh together well. ;D
#12- The text is kind of hard to read, and I think it could've used some colring or a nice texture.
#13- The blinking question mark is a nce touch, but the icon overall isn't anything real special.